Department of Music: Erich Kunzel Class of 1957 Fund
The Erich Kunzel Class of 1957 Fund was established by the Dartmouth Class of 1957 in honor of their classmate, a prominent conductor, who was enthusiastic about encouraging music students at Dartmouth. The Kunzel Fund offers support for three kinds of undergraduate musical activities:
- On-campus or off-campus student musical performances
- Undergraduate musical research
- Travel grants to pursue off-campus music-related projects
Project support is normally limited to a maximum of $2,000.
- Support for Summer OR Fall term: April 1
- Support for Winter term: October 1
- Support for Spring term: February 1
Application Form (PDF)
Please note that the Kunzel Fund typically does not support the purchase of equipment. Please consult with Jones Media Center and the music department for equipment needs.
Sample applications that received funding approval: