Department of Music: Erich Kunzel Class of 1957 Fund
The Erich Kunzel Class of 1957 Fund was established by the Dartmouth Class of 1957 in honor of their classmate, a prominent conductor, who was enthusiastic about encouraging music students at Dartmouth. The Kunzel Fund offers support for three kinds of undergraduate musical activities:
- On-campus or off-campus student musical performances
- Undergraduate musical research
- Travel grants to pursue off-campus music-related projects
Project support is normally limited to a maximum of $2,000.
- Support for Summer OR Fall term: April 15
- Support for Winter term: October 15
- Support for Spring term: February 15
Application Form (PDF)
Please note that the Kunzel Fund typically does not support the purchase of equipment. Please consult with Jones Media Lab and the Music Department for equipment needs.
Sample applications that received funding approval:
- Application by Kaj Johnson '22, submitted Spring 2021 (PDF)
- Application by Ethan Moon '22, submitted Winter 2022 (PDF)
- Application by Tanaka Chikati '25, submitted Spring 2022 (PDF)